We are an independent exchange at the heart of Europe’s financial markets, close to local ecosystems and connecting market participants globally.
Driven by expertise. Empowering people.
Collaborative dialogue to develop our strategy. All our employees are invited to participate in the development of our corporate strategic plan through surveys, workshops and discussion forums. Your say counts!
Client centric approach. Delivering excellent customer experience and value is paramount at Euronext. Our Client Centricity Champions work within all teams across the company to ensure this is at the heart of everything we do.
Employee-defined corporate values. Our people chose our company values based on what matters to them most and we live them every day…. Unity, Integrity, Agility, Energy and Accountability.
Innovate on a daily basis, by continuously improving ways of working and client relationships in a company nurturing human relationships. Think out of the box via joint ventures or partnerships & contribute to employee innovation campaigns.
Shape the future
Our ambition is to continue to power local & global capital markets to drive sustainable growth for our clients. You can play a key role in helping us achieve this ambition.Join Euronext
In a unique place to work
We are an agile, innovative and dynamic organisation with a strong people culture and ethos.
We take great pride in the heritage of our Exchanges while embracing the future.
Grow with an ambitious global player
Euronext has tripled in value since 2014 and has a strong track record of successful acquisitions and expansion. We now have employees spread across 11 European countries, the US and Asia.
Thrive in a high performing culture
where you can have an impact and challenge the status quo, both within and outside your team.
Be recognised and rewarded
for your performance and contribution, through new career opportunities, or attractive compensation packages and incentive schemes.
Join a vibrant internal culture
where we invest in employee well-being through our Wellnext program and develop CSR initiatives. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and promote a work environment open to diversity in all its forms.
Grow in your career
Euronext Market Services (EMS) is the front line to ensure fair and orderly Cash, Derivatives and Commodities markets with two operational centres in Amsterdam and Paris. EMS supports all products and services including Information Services, Market Solutions, Corporate Actions and Member on boarding. EMS staff and managers have access to all relevant business and technical monitoring tools and make use of integrated EMS tools and procedures across the two EMS centers. EMS operates daily from 06:30-22:30 CET.
Following the migration of the Market Data Gateway migration (Optiq Phase 1) in November 2016 and the Euronext Cash Markets migration to the Optiq® trading platform (Optiq Phase 2) in June 2018, Euronext is preparing the migration of Euronext Derivatives Markets (Optiq Phase 3) to the Optiq® trading platform.
Leveraging on the Optiq platform, this migration will be a strategic transformation for the Euronext Derivatives Markets, delivering:
- An enhanced multi-market trading platform;
- A simplified and flexible system;
- Continued high reliability;
- Significantly enhanced throughput and predictable latency.
The EMS Operational Client Support scope includes EUA support on the migration to the new Derivatives trading platform called “Optiq” (Re: Optiq step 3) and incorporates the following activities:
- To ensure externally interfacing applications developed by member developers (MD), Independent Software Vendors (ISV) and Quote Vendors (DV) behave competently in the Euronext production markets;
- To provide helpdesk support to EUA environment users;
- To provide a conformance test service to external developers, on behalf of Euronext;
- To ensure the above through the application of approved QA and Service Management methodologies
The Operational Clients Services intern dedicated to the Optiq step 3 desk falls into three major categories - Customer Support, Environment Support, Customer Readiness & Conformance Testing - with the following responsibilities:
- Provide Level 1/2 Helpdesk support to EUA users: technical and functional issues;
- Provide technical support for interfaces (e.g. FIX, SBE binary, MDG) for external developers: development support on functional questions and issues, kinematics, infrastructure, technical accesses;
- Respond to service requests;
- Incident identification; logging, resolution, escalation;
- Support integration test requests with partners or external organisations – e.g. clearing houses.
Carrying out daily checks and procedures, including activities such as:
- Morning health checks
- Notifying EUA users of scheduled/unscheduled down time;
- Timely escalation or resolution of issues assigned to the team;
- Post deployment health checks
- Continual improvement of team processes, including keeping the Optiq step 3 wiki up-to-date.
Customer Readiness and Conformance Testing :
The Optiq step 3 desk will play an important ‘gate keeper’ role to customers wanting to access production. Before a customer is authorised to access production they must demonstrate their application is functionally competent and doesn’t have undesirable behaviours. This is achieved by the conformance test. Intern will be also involved in organizing conformance test.
During a migration phase, the Optiq step 3 desk is expected to conform a large number of applications in a short period of time. The analyst is expected to:
- Manage multiple accounts in parallel;
- Provide heightened support for new functionality or features during ‘external development’ phase.
- You currently are a student of Finance, Computer Science, or Information Systems or a related field;
- You can demonstrate interest in and comprehension of international financial markets and information system related to financial markets;
- You are comfortable working in international teams;
- You are a self-starter, and possess over excellent communication skills;
- You are able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- You are fluent in English, other languages are a plus;
- You have good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Interested? The internship starts ASAP at our office in Amsterdam, Beursplein 5.
The HR Services Officer provides support in various Human Resources functions, notably supporting the HR administrative and payroll processes, and also other processes such as training and recruitment administrative part.
Your key accountabilities
• Prepare and liaise with HR team for the Administrative process, payroll, personnel data entry, employment contracts…
• Assist with general employee issues and employee concerns about general HR policies and procedures
• Provide regular and ad hoc HR reporting and data analysis to HR and/or Management
• Provide a first level of guidance to the new managers on Euronext HR policies and processes
• Provide full support for Recruitment Process until the employee start date: manages the outsourcing contract and tracks Key RPO Performance Indicators, plans interviews with managers, validates and accesses candidates and assists with onboarding
• Ensure recruitment for more junior-level positions, partnering with hiring managers/external recruiters, establishes and maintains external relationships with partners
The key accountabilities only describe the main activities and is not exhaustive. It evolves depending on the expertise level and ongoing projects.
• Previous work experience in the HR function with exposure to recruitment and training
• Ability to manage priorities and handle complexity across functional borders in a matrix organization
• Great communicator, flexible, team player, cultural awareness, and strong relationship-building skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, loyal, rigorous, organized and dynamic
• Self-starter – with creativeness, ownership and tenacity
• Adaptability in a fast changing and growing environment
• Excellent command of English and native in the domestic language (French, Dutch, Portuguese, ..)
Job Description Summary
To provide level 1/2 technical Support across a broad range of technical disciplines that underpin the operation of Euronext Cash and Derivatives markets, and hosted markets on behalf of clients.
The disciplines include Applications, Network, Systems (Linux and Windows), Database and Security.
You will be part of a team based in Porto covering all market operational hours (shift system in a 24/7 operation), and will work in a high-tech learning environment with colleagues across all Euronext locations.
The job consists of prioritizing and progressing resolution of faults or queries on the full range of systems across all clients, suggesting methods to build and implement measurable improvements to the services, undertaking project work and the implementation of change by performing a QA after any work. Troubleshooting issues relating to the network, database, infrastructure, applications or security. Contributing to serious incident, change and problem management.
This role is both internal and external facing and is located within the Service Operations Group, which in turn is part of the IT Operations and Engineering group.
- Prioritization and progression of resolution for faults or queries on the full range of systems.
- Troubleshooting issues relating to applications, infrastructure, database, network or security.
- Active participation in serious incident, problem and change management.
- Undertaking of project work to help implement best support practice and continued success of the Euronext businesses.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Enthusiasm combined with a collaborative attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- English is a must, as it will be used on a daily basis to communicate with other teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An affinity with: O/S – Windows, Linux and/or Solaris; Database – MS SQL/Oracle; Monitoring Systems - Nagios; Network - Juniper/Cisco; Security – TCP/IP, TCPdump, Nessus, Snort. Degree, CET or equivalent in a computer related subject.
- Knowledge of financial markets.
- Knowledge of Equities and Derivatives financial instruments (e.g. Futures and Options/Warrants).
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and processes. Scripting language (Shell/Perl/PHP/Python).
- A hands-on mentality and a structured way of working.
- The ambition and potential to develop a successful IT career Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong awareness and interest in technology.
- Superb problem solving skills.
- Experience in working effectively within a team and on your own.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Direct tasks that the Amsterdam Senior General Ledger accountant & tax officer will be responsible for are:
- Processing automated entries from sub ledgers or external systems
- Processing of un automated entries
- Generating intercompany transactions and related documentation
- Preparation of monthly corporate tax provision and tax proofs
- Completing period end accounting entries and aggregate financial results
- Providing information to auditors, tax authorities and regulators
- Reconciliation, and documentation of accounts, including intercompany positions
- Creating and assessing period end entries
- Assuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of entries
- Liaising with legal, corporate secretary, tax and treasury for completeness
- International standardization of process
- Reporting in accordance with IFRS and Local GAAP (if needed)
- Preparation and filing of monthly VAT returns
- Preparation and filing of annual corporate income tax returns
- Preparation of monthly report of Euronext Group legal entities
- Monitoring of regulatory requirements of Euronext Group legal entities.
- Record and Process General Accounting transactions
- Perform intercompany accounting
- Analyze and reconcile accounts
- Close books and aggregate financial results
- Perform Financial Reporting
- Perform Statutory/Regulatory Reporting
- Other General Accounting related activities
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in General Ledger activities
- Hands-on experience with a world-class ERP system—MS Dynamics a plus
Knowledge & skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to successfully manage several tasks at once and work in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- Familiarity with common software packages such as Microsoft Excel, Word, AX 2002 ERP etc.
- Knowledge and experience with methods, practices and terminology used in complex financial clerical work including strong knowledge of accounting principles.
- Profound knowledge with company’s and external accounting standards and guidelines
- High analytical and conceptual skills
Problem solving & customer service
- Possesses a “service first” attitude.
- Completes work assignments and resolves recurring problems according to standard policies and procedures.
- Uses common sense and initiative in applying policies, procedures and common practices to non-recurring issues.
- Provides assistance to peers and other internal parties to resolve other problems.
- Ability to identify, develop and recommend best practices and improvement opportunities.
- Follows through on assignments to successful completion.
- Prepares routine correspondence when necessary.
- Understands the importance of keeping all necessary parties informed.
- Higher accounting degree or qualified education in finance according to local education system
Euronext search for young talents ready to seize the opportunity to develop and to evolve it’s IT Service Management platform based on Service-Now solution. Service-Now is one of the key players in low code platform, using a model-driven execution platform approach, where users/developers use visual application creation environment to drive the development activities.
The Development Analyst – Trainee will be in charge of the projects to be developed in Service-now ecosystem, including integrations with third party applications also cloud based.
Currently the portfolio of available projects based in Service-Now are:
- Cloud integration, to collect and monitor AWS components to be used across support and engineering teams;
- Asset management implementation, to control and manage the hardware inventory and configuration, as well as the software license compliancy & cost;
- Governance and Risk Compliancy implementation, to support Risk and Audit process;
Event & automation management implementation, including Nagios event collection and other monitoring tools.
The key accountabilities of this role are:
- Plan the projects to be implemented;
- Drive the projects, ensuring that the requirements are aligned with the development and the delivery;
- Utilizes best practices for development, conducts thorough testing, analysis, and certification of changes to ServiceNow.
- Ensures all assigned project tasks required for the implementation of ServiceNow are completed on schedule.
- Project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications
- A good technical understanding of IT infrastructure
Degree/Master in Maths, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent technical.
Language: English (mandatory)
The Product Manager, IR Solutions, will be responsible for supporting the current Euronext IR.Manager platform and structuring the next stage of its development, as well as the development of other of IT initiatives within the Corporate Services business – in the areas of Business Intelligence Solutions, Shareholder ID, or Corporate/Investor Access Services -- and their integration.
Key responsibilities around software development and other projects management will include:
- Handle the strategic development of Corporate Services IR Solutions, accordingly with the new roadmap (business, technology) set for the platform;
- Collaborate with the Data Management team and other Corporate Services teams (Advisory and Shareholder ID) in developing new product features and platforms, as well as interface with Euronext IT and other Euronext teams as required
- Manage the development and the IT support team (subcontractors and internal IT)
- Draft software specs in coordination with the business teams, communicate them to the development teams, ensure their delivery, test and feedback to the development team, manage the development, debugging, release and deployment processes
We are looking for an enthusiastic product owner with the following skills:
- Strong experience (at least 5Y) in IT projects management (software development experience a plus)
- Master degree graduate
- Ability to deliver on complex projects
- Collaborative, with an ability to engage with different teams and stakeholders
- Hard working, diligent and proactively paying attention to details
- Familiarity or interest in the investment industry and investor relations
- Fluent in English, another European language will be a plus
· Being part of an ambitious growth project, backed by the leading pan-European stock exchange
· Being part of Corporate Services' transversal team and contribute to the strategy
· Career opportunities
Due to MIFID II regulation, effective since January 2018, the investor protection has been strengthened and the functioning of financial markets improved making them more efficient, resilient and transparent. One of the key aspects of MIFID II regulation consists also in the transparency of reporting done to the regulators. In this context, Euronext has a program to improve reporting for regulators.
The Risk and Compliance team act as a second line of defense and is responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining adequate controls to identify and mitigate risks, and that Euronext's activities follow the rules and regulations and complies with the regulatory boundaries and jurisdictions. This covers Risk and Control, Compliance and Business Continuity functions within Euronext.
The role of Regulatory Reporting Officer will be reporting to and sponsored by the Head of Risk and Compliance during the creation and stabilization of this program and shall then report to the Head of European Market Services.
- As Regulatory Reporting Officer, you will be Accountable for the data provided to the regulators and the transversal process management of regulatory reporting and point of contact for competent authority queries. Ultimate oversight.
- All regulator reporting’s are considered as a product, using data coming from multiple systems (Matrix, Optiq, IDS, Saturn, ExStream). As Regulatory Reporting Officer, you will be accountable to work in strong partnerships of the various department producing data (Analytics, Corporate Actions, IT…) to ensure the service delivery.
- You will define on a functional level the type of reporting needed by regulator, in compliance with MIFID II and any applicable regulations. You will be responsible for the content of regulatory files and you will investigate data issues and correct data, as required, to ensure the various reporting’s to the regulators are complying with Euronext standards of quality, delivered in time, and answering legal needs.
- You will be responsible for the analysis and implementation of future regulatory requirements, liaising with all the relevant departments to ensure the proper processes are in place to meet the regulation specified.
- You will drive culture change to adapt to new processes related to regulatory reporting strategy.
The role of Regulatory Reporting Officer includes:
- Accountable for the data provided to the regulators and the transversal process management. Point of contact for competent authority queries. Ultimate oversight.
- Responsible for the content of regulatory files. Investigate data issues and correct data as required. Ownership for managing the service.
- Provide leadership to have a vision on planning, reporting on key issues
- Understand data flows, product design and software.
- Manage successful collaboration and interaction working with peers and relevant senior stakeholders across the enterprise to coordinate activities and contribute to the planning, development and operational delivery.
- Develop metrics and design schemes to sustain regulators requests, in respect to MIFID II and regulations applicable;
- Accountable to discuss with regulators and have an opinion on approach;
- Challenges ideas that he/she believes are incorrect
- Demanding, pragmatic when needed, flexible, adaptable and innovative in response to changing situations and demands
Tenacity and decision making including rejecting regulatory requests when appropriate
Euronext is looking at the following profile:
- Team player with ability to work effectively in a changing team environment that demands a high degree of cooperation, flexibility, teaming and cross group responsiveness
- Intimate knowledge with markets and order types
- Rigor and precision to produce high quality reporting
- Strong skills with data flows and process; ability to own specifications and test data with regulation support
- Tool leverage, access to BDM/IDS Authority to make changes
- Strong leadership skills; Challenges ideas that he/she believes are incorrect
- Demanding, pragmatic when needed, flexible, adaptable and innovative in response to changing situations and demands
- Ability to be synthetic and provide clear reports, good communication skills, skilled in translating ideas into clear communication, communicates openly; Excellent social/people skills required and team oriented
- Tenacity and decision making
- Excellent organizational skills to ensure the efficient coordination of the teams
- Ability to quickly master a subject and be able to challenge content & to quickly absorb new technology knowledge
- Excellent social/people skills required and team oriented
- Energetic and able to motivate
- Tenacity and decision making
- in depth knowledge of international markets, products and electronic trading environment
- grasp of current and future regulatory environment
Education & knowledge
- Master in Engineering is preferred
- 5 to 7 years of experience in finance, capital markets
M&A / Corporate Development side
- Monitor upcoming deal opportunities and identify industry trends through a detailed screening process
- Produce memos and presentation supports in relations with live or prospective M&A processes
- Perform financial modelization
- Work with internal teams in Due Diligence processes
- Work with operational departments in the integration processes post-closing
Strategy / CEO office side
- Participate together with the Chief of Staff in various strategic projects
- Draft briefing materials for the top management for events or specific meetings
- Assist the Chief of Staff in the preparation of internal meetings
- Support the Group CEO and Chief of Staff on day-to-day business management topics
The ideal candidate
- Final or penultimate year student from a Tier 1 business or engineering school, with strong academic credentials.
- At least a first successful internship experience in Investment Banking, Strategy Consulting or equivalent experience (corporate finance, strategy etc.) within a corporate, and preferably a financial institution.
- Fluent in English. Fluency in French will be a plus.
- Good knowledge / interest in the financial industry.
- Interest in the technology industry.
- Strong command of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in project management.
- Fast learner, proactive behavior and entrepreneurial mindset.
Our values shape our behaviour and define who we are, principles that are a reflection of us. Our values were defined by our employees as the behaviours everyone at Euronext strives to live and work by.
Flavia Natario Da Silva
They say it best...
Flavia joined the Porto Technology Centre in 2016 as a Product Support Analyst before contributing to the development of our Optiq trading platform. She now designs new functionalities that address our clients’ needs while anticipating quality assurance (QA) impacts.
Commercial Manager – Real Time Market Data
Within Euronext’s real-time market data business, Shelley started as an analyst before moving to policy making and is now responsible for all commercial and regulatory projects.
Learn more about Euronext
Environmental, Social and Governance
A responsible member of each community we operate in.