The Securities Register Act allows researchers to apply for access to otherwise confidential information from the Securities Register (Euronext Securities Oslo). It facilitates socially beneficial research on such information, while at the same time properly addressing the considerations behind the duty of confidentiality.
Non-binding prior statement
Prior to the formal application process described below, researchers may request Euronext Securities Oslo for a non-binding prior opinion. Such a statement may be needed. whether it is possible to obtain the data desired in a project through Euronext Securities Oslo and an indication of when the information will be available. A cost estimate can also be requested from Euronext Securities Oslo.
Section 8-5 of the Securities Register Act stipulates that a securities register may demand remuneration for the disclosure of information. Euronext Securities Oslo ‘work with advance opinion and application for access will also be invoiced after time spent. See the VPS Fee Schedule for more details.
Researchers and students who wish to access information from the Euronext Securities Oslo register must submit a complete application explaining the project, the need for access to confidential information, the terms mentioned in the law (section 8) and how the researcher’s duty of confidentiality is otherwise to be complied with.
Euronext Securities Oslo assumes that the following conditions must be mentioned in the application as a minimum:
- Reason for the application.
- Specification of what information the application includes.
- Reasons for any application for disclosure of personal data. Can identification be deleted?
- Indication of how the information is intended to be handled and stored, physically and electronically, to safeguard the researchers’ duty of confidentiality.
- Description of who is responsible and who should see the information. If anyone abroad must have access to the data, this must be stated in the application.
- Indication of the duration of the project and whether the information can be deleted.
- If the project requires contact with those to whom the information applies, this should be mentioned separately.
- If other institutions or organizations have been involved in the project (for example, the Data Inspectorate, the Research Council, the Financial Market Fund), this must be stated in the application.
When the project is completed, it may be required that where personal data has been provided, enough details are removed from the data set for link parameters to disappear