Sucesso na emissão de obrigações do tesouro para investidores de retalho


“OTRV NOVEMBRO 2021” demand exceeds €2 billion

Lisbon– 28 November 2016 – Euronext today announced the results of the successful issue of Treasury Bonds dedicated to retail investors, to be listed in its regulated market on November 30. Initially set at €500 million, the Portuguese Treasury and Debt Management Agency (IGCP), which has issued this “OTRV NOVEMBRO 2021” bond on behalf of the Portuguese government, has triplicated the total amount to €1.5 billion based on a surge in demand for the subscription period.

During the subscription period, which took place between 14 and 25 November, demand for the “OTRV NOVEMBRO 2021” bond exceeded €2 billion.

Over 94% of the treasury bonds for retail were purchased by Portuguese investors, around 90,000 in total, with the remaining 6% bought by foreign investors residing in Portugal. The average value of the orders placed was over €16,000 each.

This was the largest bond issue ever processed on the Euronext Lisbon centralisation system, totalling close to 92,000 valid orders.

The “OTRV NOVEMBRO 2021” bond pays a semi-annual variable interest rate equal to the 6-month Euribor rate plus 2%, with a minimum interest rate of 2% (Annual Gross Nominal Rate), and reaches maturity on 30 November 2021. Banco BPI, Banco Comercial Português, Caixa Banco de Investimento and Novo Banco were the banks acting as global organisers and coordinators of this treasury bond sale.

This has been the third issue of Treasury bonds dedicated to retail to take place in 2016, making a total amount of €3.45 billion.

Press Release Footer

About Euronext 
Euronext is the leading pan-European market infrastructure, connecting European economies to global capital markets, to accelerate innovation and sustainable growth. It operates regulated exchanges in Belgium, France, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal. With more than 1,900 listed issuers and around €7.1 trillion in market capitalisation as of end March 2024, it has an unmatched blue-chip franchise and a strong diverse domestic and international client base. Euronext operates regulated and transparent equity and derivatives markets, one of Europe’s leading electronic fixed income trading markets and is the largest centre for debt and funds listings in the world. Its total product offering includes Equities, FX, Exchange Traded Funds, Warrants & Certificates, Bonds, Derivatives, Commodities and Indices. The Group provides a multi-asset clearing house through Euronext Clearing, and custody and settlement services through Euronext Securities central securities depositories in Denmark, Italy, Norway and Portugal. Euronext also leverages its expertise in running markets by providing technology and managed services to third parties. In addition to its main regulated market, it also operates a number of junior markets, simplifying access to listing for SMEs.  
For the latest news, follow us on Twitter ( and LinkedIn (

This press release is for information purposes only and is not a recommendation to engage in investment activities. This press release is provided “as is” without representation or warranty of any kind. While all reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the content, Euronext does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. Euronext will not be held liable for any loss or damages of any nature ensuing from using, trusting or acting on information provided. No information set out or referred to in this publication may be regarded as creating any right or obligation. The creation of rights and obligations in respect of financial products that are traded on the exchanges operated by Euronext’s subsidiaries shall depend solely on the applicable rules of the market operator. All proprietary rights and interest in or connected with this publication shall vest in Euronext.

This press release speaks only as of this date. Euronext refers to Euronext N.V. and its affiliates. Information regarding trademarks and intellectual property rights of Euronext is located at

© 2024, Euronext N.V. - All rights reserved.