Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon, London and Paris – 4 August 2017 – Euronext, the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone, today announced trading volumes for July 2017.
- The July 2017 average daily transaction value on the Euronext cash order book stood at €7,454 million, up +20.4% compared to July 2016 and down -9.6% from the previous month. The average daily transaction value on ETFs was €466 million, down -2.5% compared to July 2016 and up +12.6% from the previous month. Our ETF offering increased this month to 824 listings at the end of July compared to 790 end of 2016.
- The average daily volume on equity index derivatives reached 223,492 contracts in July 2017, up +24.9% compared to July 2016 and down -9.7% from the previous month. The average daily volume on individual equity derivatives reached 203,766 contracts in July 2017, up +1.7% compared to July 2016 and down -56.1% from the previous month. The June 2017 figures include a total of 5.6 million equity and index option contracts, resulting from the planned non-recurring migration of open interest from TOM to Euronext .
- In July 2017, the average daily volume on commodities derivatives reached 70,321 contracts, up +5.7% compared to July 2016 and up +23.2% from the previous month, as a result of normalised harvest conditions in the new French crop year.
- On a year-to-date basis, the overall average daily volume on Euronext derivatives stands at 562,090 contracts (+8.8% compared to end of July 2016) and the open interest was up at 16,145,211 contracts (+3.6% compared to end of July 2016).
- In July 2017, Euronext had two new listings with Nepi Rockcastle PLC in Amsterdam and UV Germi in Paris that altogether raised €6 million. In addition, €1.7 billion were raised on Euronext in corporate bonds and €3.4 billion of follow-on equity of which Tikehau Capital for €702 million and Carmila for €629 million.