Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon, London and Paris – 6 January 2015 – Euronext, the leading exchange in the Eurozone, today announced trading volumes for December 2014.
- The December 2014 average daily transaction value on the Euronext cash order book stood at €6,984 million (+28.5% compared to December 2013). On 19 December, Euronext achieved its most active day in terms of transaction value since March 2011 with €15.98 billion traded across all its cash products: equities; bonds; ETFs; warrants and certificates. Euronext ended 2014 with its most active quarter over the last three years, thus pushing up its average daily transaction value for the year on the order book to €6,480 million (+17.6% compared to 2013).
- In December 2014, the average daily volumes on equity index derivatives were significantly up at 264,179 contracts (+16% compared with December 2013), as well as the average daily volume on individual equity derivatives at 269,513 contracts(+16% compared with December 2013). On 16 December, Euronext achieved its most active day of the year in terms of volume with 1,550,025 contracts traded. With a total exceeding 144 million contracts traded, Euronext derivatives volume ended the year in-line compared to 2013.
- The activity on commodity derivatives continued to outperform in December with an average daily volume at 69,289 contracts traded, up 79% when compared to December 2013. The commodity derivatives also had their most active week ever from 15 December to 19 December with an average daily volume of 117,289 contracts thanks to the milling wheat future contract that totalled 388,134 contracts equivalent to 19.4 million tonnes of milling wheat during the week.
- On the primary market, Euronext welcomed three IPOs during December that increased the total yearly number of IPOs to 50. €6,126 million of follow-on equity was raised on Euronext by issuers in December, of which €747 million by EnterNext SMEs. €5.0 billion was raised in corporate bonds.
- The Exchange Traded Products segment reached a new record high daily transaction value on 16 December at €1,030 million traded.
- The FTSE EPRA/NAREIT Europe index future reached a new record high volume of the year on 16 December at 8,558 contracts traded.