Amsterdam, Brussels, Dublin, Lisbon, London, Oslo and Paris – 20 August 2019 – Euronext today announced that the Supervisory Board has made five nominations in the governance of Euronext N.V.. All five nominations are for four year terms, and are subject to approval by an Extraordinary Shareholders' Meeting of Euronext N.V., as well as all the applicable regulatory non-objections.
The Supervisory Board has made the following three nominations to the Managing Board:
- Stéphane Boujnah has been nominated for reappointment as CEO and Chairman of the Managing Board of Euronext N.V..
- Håvard S. Abrahamsen has been nominated as member of the Managing Board of Euronext N.V.. Håvard took up his position as President and CEO of Oslo Børs VPS Holding ASA on 26 April 2019 before the company was acquired by Euronext N.V..
- Simone Huis in ‘t Veld has been nominated as CEO of Euronext Amsterdam and member of the Managing Board of Euronext N.V. following Maurice van Tilburg’s decision to resign from his position as CEO of Euronext Amsterdam and member of the Managing Board of Euronext N.V. to pursue personal projects. Simone will join Euronext on 1 October 2019 to ensure a smooth and orderly transition with Maurice until his departure at the end of October. Simone joins Euronext from Deutsche Bank Nederland, where she is currently the country COO and where she has held various leadership positions since 2010. Simone has over fifteen years of senior management experience in the Dutch financial sector, of which ten years were in Executive/Board roles, with a focus on human capital, legal, compliance, regulatory affairs, operations and governance.
Stéphane Boujnah said “Following the addition of Oslo Børs VPS to the Euronext family, we are pleased to welcome Håvard to the Euronext Managing Board. Under his leadership, we look forward to a successful integration of Oslo Børs VPS within Euronext, and we are excited to extend the benefits of Euronext services and solutions to the Norwegian financial community.
I would like to thank Maurice for his leadership at Euronext Amsterdam since 2015 as well as for his significant contribution to Euronext N.V. since first joining in 2005. We wish him well in his future projects. We are very pleased to welcome Simone in her position as CEO of Euronext Amsterdam, and at the Managing Board of the Group. Under her leadership, we look forward to continuing to deliver the best services to our clients in the Netherlands.”
The Supervisory Board has made the following two nominations to the Supervisory Board:
- Nathalie Rachou has been nominated as independent member of the Supervisory Board. Nathalie has an extensive experience in the international financial sector in Paris and London. She is a seasoned Non-Executive Director, and is currently an Independent Director at Société Générale (since 2008), Veolia Environnement (since 2012), and Altran Technologies (since 2012),
- Morten Thorsrud has been nominated as independent member of the Supervisory Board. Morten is the President and CEO of If P&C Insurance Company. He has been with the company in various roles since 2002. In addition, Morten has an extensive experience in the Norwegian and Nordic financial sector. He is a member of the Sampo Group Executive Committee since 2006, he is also a member of the Sampo Managing Directors Committee, a member of the Board of Finans Norge and a member of the Board of Topdanmark. From 1996 to 2002, Morten held various roles with McKinsey & Company, ultimately concluding his tenure in the role of Associate Partner.
Dick Sluimers, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, said: “I am delighted to welcome Nathalie and Morten to the Supervisory Board of Euronext N.V.. Their collective expertise and experience will be valuable additions to our board. I look forward to working with them as we enter the next phase of Euronext’s growth strategy under the renewed leadership of Stéphane Boujnah as CEO and Chairman of the Managing Board.”
Analysts & investors