Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon, London and Paris – 3 October 2014 – Euronext, the primary exchange in the Eurozone, today announced trading volumes for September 2014.
- The September 2014 average daily transaction value on the Euronext cash order book stood at €5,958 million (+7.7% compared to September 2013). Overall the third quarter average daily transaction value reached €5,718 million (+11.1% compared to Q3 2013).
- In September 2014, the average daily volumes on commodity derivatives were up by 33% to 58,671 contracts when compared with September 2013, while the activity on individual equity derivatives was down by 20% to 223,123 contracts and the activity on equity index derivatives was down by 6% to 226,771 contracts.
- The number of derivatives contracts traded in the third quarter of the year slightly decreased to 34.3 million lots compared to the same quarter in 2013 (34.5 million lots). At the end of September the total open interest stood at 14,913,561 contracts.
- €674 million of follow-on equity was raised on Euronext by issuers in September, of which €351 million by EnterNext SMEs. €3.6 billion was raised in corporate bonds.
- The total commodity derivatives open interest exceeded one million contracts on 11 September and stood at 1,106,577 contracts at month-end.
- The mini future contracts on the AEX and CAC 40 reached a record high on 4 September at respectively 1,440 and 1,028 contracts traded. A total of 137,767 mini derivatives contracts have been traded year-to-date.
- The PSI 20 future contract reached a record average daily volume during September at 2,094 contracts traded (+79% compared to September 2013).
- The ETF segment continued its strong growth with a new record for assets under management and its third most active day of the year on 4 September at €572 million traded.