Paris – 4 February 2015 – Euronext Paris today announced the launch of its new User Committee, reaching out to its user community to ensure that it meets genuine needs in providing finance for the real economy.
Advisors for Euronext projects financing the real economy
The Euronext Paris User Committee is an advisory body set up to advise on initiatives, new products, services and competitive positioning, at a time when capital markets are actively encouraged to finance the real economy. It will be consulted on key issues for Euronext users and will meet quarterly starting in the first quarter of 2015.
A community of market stakeholders
Committee Members include stakeholder representatives—listed companies and issuers of financial products, brokers and investors, plus representatives of professional associations in the securities industry and commodities. Market authorities and representatives of market infrastructures are also invited to attend as observers.
Members are selected for their professional expertise, experience and ability to advance constructive debate on financial markets.
The Euronext Paris User Committee will be chaired by Inès de Dinechin, an independent Board Member at Euronext London Limited and ex-Chairperson of Lyxor AM. Other members include:
- Marie Cheval, CEO, Boursorama
- Thibaut Delahaye, Global Head of Equity & Commodity Trading, BNP Paribas
- Luc François, Head of Capital Markets, Natixis
- Pierre-Olivier Goineau, President, France Biotech & co-founder of Erytech Pharma
- Jean-Pierre Grimaud, CEO, Swisslife Asset Management
- Olivier Guélaud, Treasurer, Pernod Ricard
- Benoit Jauvert, CEO, Financière de l’Oxer
- Christophe Kieffer, Managing Director Trading Business Line, Amundi, and CEO, Amundi Intermediation
- Eric Le Boulch, Chairman and CEO, CM-CIC
- Jean-François Lepy, CEO, Soufflet Négoce
- Eric Litvack, Head of Public Affairs, Société Générale CIB
- Joseph Pinto, Global Chief Operating Officer, AXA Investment Managers
- Alain Pochet, Head of Clearing and Custody, BNP Paribas Securities Services
- Vincent Remay, Advisor to the CEO, Viel & Cie
- Gregory Sanson, CFO, Bonduelle
- Philippe Santi, Deputy CEO, Interparfums
- Sophie Stabile, CFO, Accor
Banque de France, AMF, Agence France Tresor, Euroclear France and LCH Clearnet SA have been granted observer status.
Inès de Dinechin, who will chair the Euronext Paris User Committee, said: “I’m delighted to chair this Committee, where we will be discussing industry-wide solutions Euronext can offer to meet the needs of all stakeholders. And I’m happy to bring my expertise in capital markets - particularly in derivatives, issuer risk management, and bonds - to the table. My job is to ensure that discussions are balanced and that the interests of all stakeholders are taken into account; the committee will serve as a source of ideas and advocate.”
Anthony Attia, CEO of Euronext Paris, added: “I would like to extend warm thanks to all members of the User Committee for agreeing to be part of this Committee, and particularly to Inès de Dinechin for chairing the group. We are convinced that all of them will provide essential expertise in promoting and growing financial markets. Our new User Committee is part of an ongoing drive to reach out to Euronext Paris clients,supplying constantly improved products and services to meet their needs and expectations. Euronext has the resources to continue playing a key role as one of Europe’s top venues for raising capital.”