Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon, London and Paris – 19 May 2017 – Today Euronext announced its results for the first quarter 2017.
- Resilient quarter despite lighter trading volumes:
- Stable revenue: +0.1%, to €126.6 million (Q1 2016: €126.5 million). Strong listing business (+33%) and efficient yield management mitigated lower trading volumes (average trading volumes decreased by -15.9% vs Q1 2016 for cash products and by -8% for derivatives).
- Increase in operational expenses, excluding depreciation and amortization, driven by IT projects and business initiatives related to “Agility for Growth”: +2.6%, to €56.1 million (Q1 2016: €54.7 million).
- Slight decrease in EBITDA, at €70.5 million (Q1 2016: €71.8 million), representing an EBITDA margin of 55.7% (Q1 2016: 56.8%)
- Growth initiatives related to the “Agility for Growth” strategic plan generated €1 million of revenue and €1.8 million of costs in Q1 2017
- Introduction of a floor in the current dividend policy to deliver a minimum shareholder remuneration
“Once again, Euronext proved the resilience of its business model with stable revenue and a strong EBITDA in the first quarter of 2017, despite trading reduced volumes year over year. The deployment of our strategic plan is gathering pace, and I am extremely proud to announce two developments that show our commitment to deliver value to shareholders and clients. Firstly, through the long-term agreement negotiated with ICE Clear Netherlands, Euronext secured similar financial benefits to those of the current agreement with LCH Clearnet SA, while significantly improving the client value proposition for the clearing of its derivatives products. Second, the introduction of a floor in our dividend policy will provide shareholders with a minimum return and reduce any possible dividend volatility,” said Stéphane Boujnah, Chairman and CEO of the Managing Board of Euronext NV.
2nd quarter 2017 results 28 July 2017
3rd quarter 2017 results 8 November 2017