Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon, London and Paris – 4 March 2015 – Euronext, the leading exchange in the Eurozone, today announced trading volumes for February 2015.
- The February 2015 average daily transaction value on the Euronext cash order book stood at €8,247 million (+24% compared to February 2014).
- In February 2015, the average daily volumes on equity index derivatives were down at 225,995 contracts (-15% compared with February 2014), and the average daily volumes on individual equity derivatives were down at 264,767 contracts (-8% compared to February 2014).
- Activity on commodity derivatives remained strong in February with an average daily volume of 52,474 contracts traded, up 18% when compared to February 2014.
- Euronext had nine new listings in February that altogether raised more than €2 billion. In addition €1,211 million of follow-on equity was raised on Euronext by issuers, of which €984 million by EnterNext SMEs. €9.8 billion was raised in corporate bonds.
- Warrants & Certificates have reached a new record high with now over 53,000 listings live at the end of February (+45% compared to end of Feb 2014).