Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon, London and Paris – 5 September 2016– Euronext, the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone, today announced trading volumes for August 2016.
- The August 2016 average daily transaction value on the Euronext cash order book stood at €4,844 million (-43.8% compared to August 2015). Activity on ETFs followed the same trend with an average daily transaction value of €335 million, down by -54.9% compared to August 2015. However, our ETF offering continued its expansion with 14 new listings this month. In total, 789 ETFs are listed on Euronext at the end of August 2016 compared to 692 at the end of August 2015 which represents a net increase of 97 ETFs.
- The average daily volume on equity index derivatives was down at 158,599 contracts in August 2016 (-38.0% compared to August 2015), and the average daily volume on individual equity derivatives decreased to 164,776 contracts (-44.7% compared to August 2015).
- In August 2016, the average daily volume on commodities derivatives decreased by -31.2% compared to August 2015, with an average daily volume of 46,253 contracts. Heavy rains in late spring significantly impaired the French wheat crop.
- On a year-to-date basis, the overall average daily volume on Euronext derivatives stands at 496,772 contracts (-9.7% compared to end of August 2015) and the open interest increased to 16,005,789 contracts (-0.1% compared to end of August 2015).
- In August 2016, Euronext had no new listing. However, €13.1 billion of follow-on equity were raised, compared to €128 million in August 2015. An outstanding performance driven by the €13bn private placement of US-based Abbvie. In addition, €2.2 billion were raised on Euronext in corporate bonds vs €2.9bn last year