Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon, London and Paris – 4 February 2015 – Euronext, the leading exchange in the Eurozone, today announced trading volumes for January 2015.
- The January 2015 average daily transaction value on the Euronext cash order book stood at €8,630 million (+31% compared to January 2014).
- In January 2015, the average daily volumes on equity index derivatives were significantly up at 298,375 contracts (+12% compared with January 2014), while the average daily volume on individual equity derivatives was down at 240,899 contracts (-19% compared with January 2014).
- The activity on commodity derivatives remained strong in January with an average daily volume at 53,653 contracts traded, up 7% when compared to January 2014.
- Euronext had two new listings in January. €7,562 million of follow-on equity was raised on Euronext by issuers, of which €28 million by EnterNext SMEs. €6.5 billion was raised in corporate bonds.
- The Exchange Traded Products segment was particularly dynamic in January with an average daily transaction value up 77% compared to January 2014. Also on 23 January this segment reached a new record high since August 2011 at €1,031 million traded.