Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon, London and Paris – 5 December 2016 – Euronext, the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone, today announced trading volumes for November 2016.
- The average daily transaction value on the Euronext cash order book for November 2016 stood at €7,334 million, stable compared to November 2015 (-0.5%) and up +15.9% from the previous month. Activity on ETFs followed the same trend with an average daily transaction value of €618 million, slightly down by -2.8% compared to November 2015 and up +46.6% from the previous month. Our ETF offering continued its expansion with 5 new listings this month. It is worth noting that 9th, 10th and 30th of November were three of the most active days of the year on Euronext equities, each with a transaction value above €10 billion.
- The average daily volume on equity index derivatives reached 235,942 contracts in November 2016, up +17.5% compared to November 2015 and up +16.8% from the previous month. The average daily volume on individual equity derivatives reached 255,622 contracts in November 2016, up +18.7% compared to November 2015 and up +23.4% from the previous month.
- In November 2016 the average daily volume on commodities derivatives reached 51,542 contracts, down -6.3% compared to November 2015 and up +5.7% from the previous month.
- On a year-to-date basis the overall average daily volume on Euronext derivatives stands at 492,550 contracts (-8.2% compared to end of November 2015), and the open interest was slightly up at 16,740,820 contracts (+1.5% compared to end of November 2015).
- Euronext had no new listings in November 2016. However, €9.9 billion was raised on Euronext in corporate bonds and €2.5 billion of follow-on equity. In the eleven months leading up to November 30, despite challenging market conditions, capital raisings on Euronext were up +28% at €128.6 billion.