Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon, London and Paris – 5 November 2014 – Euronext, the leading exchange in the Eurozone, today announced trading volumes for October 2014.
- The October 2014 average daily transaction value on the Euronext cash order book stood at €8,123 million (+49.2% compared to October 2013) reaching the highest level since August 2011.
- In October 2014, the average daily volumes on equity index derivatives were up by 41% to 327,543 contracts when compared with October 2013, while the activity on individual equity derivatives remained flat at 291,892 contracts.
- October was the second most active month ever on commodities with an average daily volume at 66,398 contracts traded, more than 13% above the previous yearly record of July 2014.
- On 16 October, the Euronext markets reached a yearly record volume with €12.3 bln traded on the Euronext cash order book and 1.4 mln contracts traded on Euronext derivatives.
- On the primary market, Pershing Square Holdings ltd became the largest European IPO year-to-date raising €2.4 billion.€1,443 million of follow-on equity was raised on Euronext by issuers in October, of which €907 million by EnterNext SMEs. €5.7 billion was raised in corporate bonds.
- The French Individual Equity Options reached a yearly record high twice during the month, the first time on 28 October at 272,185 contracts traded and a second time on 30 October at 339,656 contracts traded.
- The mini future contract on AEX-Index and CAC 40 Index reached a new record high on 16 October at respectively 1,539 and 2,186 lots traded.
- At the end of October the number of outstanding Exchange Traded Products (ETPs) listed on Euronext and linked to Euronext indices reached a record at 7,215.
- A new end of month all time record was reached in the number of listings in Warrants and Certificates with more than 43,600 live listings at the end of October.