Future on the Euronext® Eurozone ESG Large 80 Index
Supporting the transition to a sustainable economy in the Eurozone
- Based on the Euronext® Eurozone ESG Large 80 Index*, which shows the performance of 80 large cap companies in the Eurozone selected for their environmental, social and governance (ESG) and Energy Transition performance
- Standard listed futures contract offering the benefits of central clearing, including margin efficiencies with other Euronext benchmarks
- Gateway to the Eurozone's sustainable economy with high standards to support energy transition
- An effective hedging tool on related ETFs or structured products.
- Attractive block trade sizes to facilitate investor access
- Most attractive pricing in the industry, reflecting the view of Euronext and V.E that sustainable growth should be accessible to all
- Supported by 4 market makers, committed to facilitating the development of sustainable finance.
*powered by V.E (an affiliate of Moody’s and formerly known as Vigeo Eiris)
Derivatives market and ESG indices: the quest for the right approach
ESG Derivatives: making sustainable finance accessible for all
Gain insights from the experts into:
• ESG trends, opportunities and risks
• The derivatives market’s ESG needs
• Market dynamics and how key players join forces to build customized indices
• The technical challenges that come with integrating ESG into derivatives, including: the ESG strategic approach, data quality, liquidity, representativeness and weighting techniques
Market makers will be associated as partners in this initiative and will benefit from a revenue-sharing scheme.*
*15% of net trading revenue calculated on a yearly basis
About the Index:
The Euronext® Eurozone ESG Large 80 Index (Bloomberg: <ESG80P>), powered by V.E (an affiliate of Moody’s), selects the highest-ranking companies from their sector supporting the transition to a low-carbon economy and reducing climate impact.
The index excludes:
- The 20% lowest-ranking companies in terms of Social assessment
- The 20% lowest-ranking companies in terms of Governance assessment
- Companies facing critical controversies with regards to the UN Global Compact
- Companies involved in coal, tobacco or controversial weapons.
ESG | Empowering Sustainable Growth
Euronext connects local economies to global markets, accelerating innovation and growth, for the transition to a more sustainable economy.