Durum Wheat Futures
Euronext launched the first cash-settled contract on Durum Wheat in Europe. This contract completes the existing suite of Euronext’s physically-delivered products and allows market participants to benefit from an efficient hedging tool to manage risk in the Durum Wheat market.
- Trade using a true price reference for the Durum Wheat industry
- Avoid risk of inadvertent physical delivery of goods thanks to the cash-settlement
- Trade flat prices on the Euronext Central Order Book (COB)
- Clearing by LCH SA: mitigating risk and ensuring transparency
- Benefit from the cutting-edge trading platform Optiq®
Clear reference prices
The Durum Wheat cash-settled contract is based on the Sitagri European Durum Wheat Index (SEDWI) which represents 6 reference prices from France and Italy:
- France: DAP Port-La-Nouvelle, DAP Rouen and DAP La Pallice
- Italy: DAP Bologna, DAP Altamura and EXW Foggia
The SEDWI index is supplied by Sitagri Index Services, a (BMR) Benchmark Regulation-compliant Price Reporting Agency (PRA).
More about the Durum Wheat contract
More about cash-settled
Bid & Ask - Introduction: cash-settled commodity contract
Published on 18 November 2021
Caroline Bitton, Sales Manager – Commodities at Euronext
explains what is a cash-settled contract.
New cash-settled commodity contract on Durum Wheat
Watch the webinar we organised with Sitagri Index Services.
Available in English and Italian (with FR, EN and IT subtitles).