Euronext N.V. Annual General Meeting Results
|CONTACT - Media:||CONTACT - Investor Relations:|
|+353 1 617 4221 |
+47 22 34 17 40
EURONEXT N.V. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING RESULTS
Amsterdam, Brussels, Dublin, Lisbon, London, Oslo and Paris – 14 May 2020 – Euronext today announced that, in its Annual General Meeting (AGM) that took place today, all but one of the items on the agenda were approved.
The items that were approved were as follows:
- Proposal to adopt the 2019 remuneration report
- Proposal to adopt the 2019 financial statements
- Proposal to adopt a dividend of EUR 1.59 per ordinary share
- Proposal to discharge the members of the Managing Board in respect of their duties performed during the year 2019
- Proposal to discharge the members of the Supervisory Board in respect of their duties performed during the year 2019
- Re-appointment of Dick Sluimers as a member of the Supervisory Board
- Appointment of Øivind Amundsen as a member of the Managing Board
- Appointment of Georges Lauchard as a member of the Managing Board
- Proposal to adopt a new remuneration policy with regard to the Supervisory Board aligned with the Shareholder Rights Directive II as implemented in Dutch law
- Proposal to appoint the external auditor
- Proposal to designate the Managing Board as the competent body to issue ordinary shares
- Proposal to designate the Managing Board as the competent body to restrict or exclude the pre-emptive rights of shareholders
- Proposal to authorise the Managing Board to acquire ordinary shares in the share capital of the company on behalf of the company
- Proposal to authorise the Supervisory Board or Managing Board (subject to approval of the Supervisory Board) to grant rights to French beneficiaries to receive shares in accordance with Articles L225-197-1 and seq. of the French Code of commerce
63% of the shareholders voted in favour of the following proposal, which was not enough to achieve the 75% threshold for approval:
1. Proposal to adopt a new remuneration policy with regard to the Managing Board aligned with the Shareholder Rights Directive II as implemented in Dutch law
Consequently, the current remuneration policy, as approved at the Extraordinary General Meeting held on 8 October 2019, remains in place. The Remuneration Committee will assess improvements to be made to the remuneration policy for subsequent submission to the shareholders’ meeting.
As a reminder, the payment of the annual dividend will occur on 22 May 2020, with ex-dividend on 20 May and record date on 21 May.
Euronext is the leading pan-European exchange, covering Belgium, France, Ireland, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal and the UK. With close to 1,500 listed issuers worth €3.3 trillion in market capitalisation as of end March 2020, Euronext has an unmatched blue chip franchise that includes 25 issuers in the Morningstar® Eurozone 50 Index℠, and a strong diverse domestic and international client base. Euronext operates regulated and transparent equity and derivatives markets and is the largest centre for debt and funds listings in the world. Its total product offering includes Equities, FX, Exchange Traded Funds, Warrants & Certificates, Bonds, Derivatives, Commodities and Indices. In addition to its main regulated market, Euronext also operates Euronext GrowthTM and Euronext AccessTM, simplifying access to listing for SMEs. Euronext also leverages its expertise in running markets by providing technology and managed services to third parties. The Norwegian stock exchange and its custody & settlement subsidiary, together operating as Oslo Børs VPS, joined Euronext on 17 June 2019.
For the latest news, find us on Twitter (twitter.com/euronext) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/euronext).
This press release is for information purposes only: it is not a recommendation to engage in investment activities and is provided “as is”, without representation or warranty of any kind. While all reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the content, Euronext does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. Euronext will not be held liable for any loss or damages of any nature ensuing from using, trusting or acting on information provided. No information set out or referred to in this publication may be regarded as creating any right or obligation. The creation of rights and obligations in respect of financial products that are traded on the exchanges operated by Euronext’s subsidiaries shall depend solely on the applicable rules of the market operator. All proprietary rights and interest in or connected with this publication shall vest in Euronext. This press release speaks only as of this date. Euronext refers to Euronext N.V. and its affiliates. Information regarding trademarks and intellectual property rights of Euronext is available at www.euronext.com/terms-use.
© 2020, Euronext N.V. - All rights reserved.
The Euronext Group processes your personal data in order to provide you with information about Euronext (the "Purpose"). With regard to the processing of this personal data, Euronext will comply with its obligations under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation, “GDPR”), and any applicable national laws, rules and regulations implementing the GDPR, as provided in its privacy statement available at: https://www.euronext.com/en/privacy-policy.
In accordance with the applicable legislation you have rights with regard to the processing of your personal data:
• for more information on your rights, please refer to: https://www.euronext.com/data_subjects_rights_request_information,
• to make a request regarding processing of your data or to unsubscribe to this press release service, please use our data subject request form at https://connect2.euronext.com/form/data-subjects-rights-request or email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org .